Waiting On Wednesday # 86 – Thief's Magic and All Lined Up


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

Thief's Magic
Thief's Magic (Millenium’s Rule, #1)Author: Trudi Canavan
Series: Millennium’s Rule #1
Genre: Fantasy
Expected Publication: May 13th 2014






In a world where an industrial revolution is powered by magic, Tyen, a student of archaeology, discovers a sentient book in an ancient tomb. Vella was once a young sorcerer-maker, until she was transformed into a useful tool by one of the greatest sorcerers of history. Since then she has been gathering information, including a vital clue to the disaster Tyen’s world faces.

Elsewhere, in a land ruled by the priests since a terrible war depleted all but a little magic, Rielle the dyer’s daughter has been taught that to use magic is to steal from the Angels. Yet she knows from her ability to sense the stain it leaves behind that she has a talent for it, and that there are people willing to teach her how to use it, should she ever need to risks the Angels’ wrath.

Further away, a people called the Travelers live their entire lives on the move, trading goods from one world to another. They know that each world has its own store of magic, reducing or increasing a sorcerer’s abilities, so that if one entered a weak world they may be unable to leave it again. Each family maintains a safe trading route passed down through countless generations and modified whenever local strife makes visiting dangerous. But this is not the only knowledge the Travelers store within their stories and songs, collected over millennia spent roaming the universe. They know a great change is due, and that change brings both loss and opportunity.

All Lined Up
All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1)Author: Cora Carmack
Series: Rusk University #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: May 13th 2014





In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.

Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.

But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.

Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.

Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.

And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!



36 comments:

  1. Both books are good choices! I bought some of Cora's books but I still haven't read any. All Lined Up sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices and All Lined Up was sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lined up sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela ReadingCaveApril 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM

    All Lined Up sounds great- a fun, fast read. Thief's Magic is more up my alley, but I am worried that it will get confusing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. All Lined Up is awesome! I loved it just as much as Cora's other novels. I really hope you love it too :D
    Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Franny @ Mind ReaderApril 30, 2014 at 8:26 PM

    I'm not a big fan of Cora Carmack, but Thief's Magic definitely intrigues me. This is definitely going to my TBR pile! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

    Ooh nice! The first looks intriguing! Seeing a lot of the second! Hope you love them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thief's Magic sounds very interesting, I've seen this author around but never actually looked into, i shall have to fix that

    http://serieslyreading.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-deliverance.html

    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sounds of Thief's Magic! Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thief's Magic looks really good-love the cover! Just added it to my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All Lined Up should have been released like yesterday! LOL :) I can't wait for that one too.

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward for both of these books. I have Thief's Magic from Netgalley, I just need to read it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both sounds good, hope you get to read it soon. Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thief's Magic is very alluring. Can't wait to read that Cora Carmack book either. Great picks~

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes and yes. Great picks! (Thief's Magic, especially.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bookworm BrandeeMay 1, 2014 at 1:12 AM

    Thief's Magic sounds great, Naomi. And I'm biting my nails in anticipation of All Lined Up! I met Cora last year at RT and then got to chat with her again here in Denver at a signing and she told me all about how this series was born. We're both from Texas - where they live and breathe football - and I can't wait to read all about Rusk! *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trudi is one of those author's that's been on my TBR forever and now first time I get some days off I'm going straight to library to pick up some of her books! This one sounds amazing and I really hope you'll enjoy it! The second one is new to me, but sounds good! :) Great picks :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you try them. I like Cora

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope it doesn't. I really like th sound of Thief's Magic

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh good! I hope you get to read it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grrrr... I want it! Edelweiss doesnt like me! I hope to get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have read some of Trudi's work before, this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Jenea... looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're lucky!! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me too!! Happy hump day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Shane. Looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha!! have you read Trudi's work before? My sister got me onto her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww.... That is so cool you met her!! (I am kinda jealous) I want to do that one day!! Go to some kind of convention!! This book sounds like a fun one. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you do get to read her work soon. My sister introduced me to her, looking forward to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't, but I'll definitely be checking her out. PS--sister recs are the BEST ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. never heard of Thief's Magic thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. They are, she's the one who has got me so addicted to reading! lol

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)