Review ~ The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Title: The Vincent Boys
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: The Vincent Boys #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: November 2012 by Hot Key Books (first published October 12th 2011)



icon




Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So, why can’t good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend – her town’s local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the head between her and Beau is undeniable – as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl – but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend – and cousin?

The Vincent Boys is a sexy, exciting and enjoyable romp through one steamy Alabama summer.

*Sigh* the Vincent boys… what can I say… it is everything I think of when picture going to America and hanging out in the country with all the southern folks… Saying y’all, attending high school, going to field parties and football games, and working on farms! It wasn’t long before I was flicking the pages and enjoying how the story played out. It was an emotional journey of self discovery for everyone involved.

Sawyer, Beau and Ash grew up together and were close until Ash and Sawyer started dating 3 years ago. Ash and Beau were trouble when they were together and Sawyer always bailed them out. But once Sawyer and Ash got together, their lives parted from Beau. That is when he turned to his partying ways and built his reputation to what it is today. He drinks, plays football and gets with a lot of girls. But when Sawyer goes away, and Ashton attends a field party and sees that Beau and his girlfriend are not able to drive home, she offers them a ride. A few truths are revealed and their friendship starts to rekindle.

Ashton looks like the perfect preachers daughter, but spending time with Beau allows her to relax into the person she wants to be. She wants to take chances and to be rough around the edges, and I liked that about her! It was fun to see her let her hair down around Beau!! And Beau is definitely a risk taker!! He likes to push Ashton to her limits to get her darker side to come out. He is close to his cousin Sawyer though and doesn’t intend to cause friction between them both. But the more time Ash and Beau spend together the harder it is to fight their attraction.

I liked watching the connection between Ash and Beau strengthen. When they are together you can see how compatible they are. When Ashton turns to Beau after she hears some devastating news it becomes harder for them to remain apart. I really felt sorry for Sawyer though, but he always sees the good in everyone so overlooks what is occurring between his two favourite people in the world. It becomes a bit of a rocky road for all of them as there are a few secrets revealed that leave them with questions.
This is the first book of Abbi’s that I have read and I really enjoyed the way she set out the story. Getting both Ashton’s and Beau’s POV’s was fun as I always like to see what a guy is thinking!! I am excited to get into the next book to see them all again! 





19 comments:

  1. Excellent review for a yummy-looking story, Naomi! I love it when the characters are really looking into themselves and try to be the person they feel they should be, and sometimes, taking a risk is the only way to get there.


    Added to my TBR :) Happy reading.


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good. I have one of Abbi's series, and I hope to read it soon. Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this author too, and I am glad you liked it, the romance sounds sweet and i hope Sawyer gets his shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I so need to jump of the Abbi Glines bandwagon and read her books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another one who needs to read Abbi Glines. I know I have several of her books.... If you like her, I know I will. Now I just need the time :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beau Vincent....'nuff said! lol I absolutely loved his character and this was such an awesome book to get lost in. Great review! :)

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. Love the cover you got. Love Abbi Glines but have yet to try this series. I would liked to known what it was like to party in my teens in fields. Grew up in CA and Germany (where we partied it up in clubs) and in CA we partied on the beach. Mostly partied on our college campus parking lot (very secluded with hills) and a bank parking lot cause it was surrounded by some woods. I think that is why I like some small town novels is for the scenery etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn it Naomi. I am having a really hard time resisting NA because of you. You make them sound so good! I think I'm gonna have to cave soon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to start this series!!! I have the books, I just haven't gotten to them, sadly. Your review as amazing and Abbi Glines is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds so good! I think I've had it on my TBR list for quite some time, so now I'm even more excited to read it.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Lexxie!! I really enjoyed this book and the chemistry between the characters. I agree, we all need to take risks occasionally!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am beginning to see why the book world is a bit crazy about Abbi! I'm looking forward to the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He does, in the next one. I'm looking forward to it cos Sawyer is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, well this is my first attempt!! Loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are not exactly cowboys Liz, but country boys, so you will like it regardless I think! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me about it!! Thinking of him alone makes me swoon!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well.... keep resisting, but I am going to keep showing you more!! lol I am really enjoying it! You will cave soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And here I thought you would've read this one already!! I beat you to something *fist pump* It has been a fun ride so far, need to get onto the next book now!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It has been a fun journey, and I believe there is going to be a third book!! Looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)