Feature & Follow #12


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

Here’s this week’s question:
Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

I love to read anything paranormal, so there are always vampires, werewolves, fairies etc and they all appear in the books I pick up. But everything seems to have its own story line. There hasn’t been anything that I have read that I thought, wow, that is exactly like another story that I have read before. As long as the story has its own unique twist, I’ll be happy!!

Hmm.. a bit of a ramble, I hope it makes sense to you!! Haha!!

What do you think?
What's your FF?

To play along visit Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
Follow them, follow their Featured Blogs and then visit as many blogs as you can, posting your answer.
And don't forget to leave your link in the comments section below!

24 comments:

  1. I agree Naomi. For all the books I've read, each one has been unique in it's own way.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I've been enjoying this blog hop, which has brought me to your site.

    Kind regards,

    Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! New Follower! Awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. i agree. Even though paranormals have a limited scope, they always seem to feel original.

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. PatriciaBookExhibitionismNovember 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM

    Similiar here. I don't mind elements reappearing, especially not in Paranormal Romance or Urban Fantasy stories, so as long as the characters aren't all the same, or the plot's been basically copied, I'm fine. :3

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, after a while all books are going to have some similar ideas in them! (But hopefully nothing that sounds like it's been copied and pasted, lol.)

    My hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paranormals as well so I definitely agree that it is hard to find an original "creature" though some authors surprise me. Great answer! Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! I don't mind as long as there seems to be some original thought put into the story.

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answer! No story is entirely new, after all...they all come from somewhere. It's just a matter of whether the author can put a new twist on it. :)


    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, as long as there is that unique twist!

    I'm a new GFC follower :D Here is my FFF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Adele!! Have fun on the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think so too!! Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what i think too, bit hard to be 100% original with Paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats right too, needs to be original in its own way

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, thats right. Hard to be 100% original in Paranormal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're welcome, thank you for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats right!! Thank you so much for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)