Waiting On Wednesday # 94 – Midnight Thief & Carry My Heart


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

Midnight Thief
Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1)Author: Livia Blackburne
Series: Midnight Thief #1
Genre: YA Fantasy
Expected Publication: July 8th 2014








Growing up on Forge’s streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that’s not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs.
But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she’s not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he’s persistent—and darkly attractive—and Kyra can’t quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival—and vengeance—might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra’s past that threatens to reshape both their lives.

Carry My Heart
Carry My Heart (Is This Love?, #1)
Author: J.S. Cooper
Series: Is This Love? #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: July 1st 2014







“Jacob Phillips was my first best friend.
I was his first love.
We shared our first kiss together.
He broke my heart.”

Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips met as children at Little Kitty Orphanage. They had the type of friendship that could weather any storm and they vowed that they would always be there for each other. And then Jacob was adopted, and everything changed. At first the letters were fast and furious but then they stopped and Sage was left all alone.

Four years later, Sage and Jacob bump into each other at a university party. Sparks fly, daggers are drawn and Sage wants nothing to do with Jacob or the bevvy of women that seem to follow him everywhere he goes. Then Sage loses a bet, and she can no longer avoid Jacob. Though she does everything she can to let him know that they are no longer friends.

But Jacob has plans, and is determined for Sage to know the truth about what happened four years ago, even if it costs him everything.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!



38 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, both books sound awesome! Midnight Thief's cover is gorgeous and that premise promises a fantastic adventure. Carry my heart on the other hand sounds like a good heart breaker. Adding both of them right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO EXCITED to read MIDNIGHT THIEF! It's on my Kindle and up soon on my TBR, and gosh I hope it's good. Did you read POISON DANCE, the super good novella? I highly recommend it!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Midnight Thief! It sounds so promising. =)

    My WoW>

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Midnight Theft sounds brilliant!!! annnndddd Carry My Heart has pulled my interest...I want to punch Jacob in the throat and take Sage out for cocktails...I'll def have to see what you think of Jacob by the end of the book.**his reason for that bs** better.be.good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really really excited to read Midnight Thief. I love reading YA fantasy books and this just sounds perfect.
    Also, OMG! I love the sound of Carry My Heart! I love these books where the couple reconnects. It's going to be emotional!
    Lovely picks! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie Sandra BrownJune 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM

    I just finished Midnight Thief. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. carry my heart sounds good and like something I might enjoy too, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sounds really good! I really like Carry My Heart! Nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexis @ Lexi SwoonsJune 26, 2014 at 1:02 AM

    Both sound great. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know these but they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited for Midnight Thief! I love the cover and the book itself just sounds so epic. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes for Midnight Thief! I'm waiting on it as well! It sounds like the kind of fantasy I just love! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you like my picks... I'm keen for them and I love the emotional ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a shame you didn't love it Jessica, I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's fab! I'm keen to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover drew me in, I tell ya! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like fantasy, so I am kind of keen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uh huh! I am excited for it! I've been enjoying fantasy again lately!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad i'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jessica @ a GREAT readMay 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM

    Oooh nice! Seeing lots of hype for Midnight Thief, I read that one already and while I liked it, I didn't love it like I thought I would.

    Second one is totally new to me but I hope you love both of these!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am excited about Midnight Thief and look forward to reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you like them! hope you get a chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh... lucky you! Hope you enjoy it! And no I haven't :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, and I don't mind the cover either!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bwahahaha!! I had a nice little giggle with your comment, thanks for that girl! I have that disorder at times too! lol
    He better have a good excuse! I'm with you if he doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad I found you something new! I'm excited for both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh... you are getting me excited! Thanks Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)