Nomi’s Weekly Wrap Up #84


Nomi’s Weekly Wrap Up is a combined meme with the Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Stacking The Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. I’ll share news, post a recap of the past week and tell you what will be happening on my blog in the week ahead. I will also tell you about the books and goodies that I have managed to pick up.
It has been a busy week for me on the home front! I took the kids away for a few days to visit their cousins, come home to housework, then my washing machine broke and I had to get it into the car by myself to take to get fixed… Do you know how damn heavy those things are?? Anyway, it was a cheap fix, so I am finally catching up on the housework… But I am a bit behind on blogging!! So I am rushing to get this post done before Easter!! Lol

The Good News I received late last week was that I passed my first assessment!! Whoop whoop!! Managed to score myself a distinction too!! And for those that don’t know, I’m doing a Proofreading and Editing course, so I was pretty excited.

I few things this week, but I haven’t been home, so I have stayed away from both Amazon and NetGalley… GASP… I know, shock horror huh??


Meme’s
Teaser Tuesdays ~ Rock It by Jennifer Chance
Waiting On Wednesday ~ Warrior and Out of Mind
Swoon Thursday ~ Lost in Me by Lexi Ryan

Review ~ Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer
Review ~ Masked Innocence Alessandra Torre
Review ~ Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
Review/Giveaway ~ Summoned by Rainy Kaye


My AWESOME friend Chanzie over @ Mean Who You Are sent me this little package and I was excited to see what I got! We have similar tastes in books and it seems she wants me to read this one… I’ll get onto it!! I promise!!
Ill Wind (Weather Warden #1)
by Rachel Caine

Then I managed to win this book, also from Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are. It is definitely Chanzie week this week *wink* Now, I must get onto both of them!!
Tempus 

Tempus

by 
There are still some giveaways running… Click on the links at the top/right of the blog to enter!

What do you did you get up to last week? Pick up any goodies? Please leave a comment below with your link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Week!!



28 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM

    OOoh nice!! I LOVED The Weather Warden series!! It was freaking awesome and was one of the first "adult" series I read when I crossed over from YA. It's simply amazing!! Hope you enjoy it all too!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea @ Bea's Book NookApril 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM

    Oh, the Weather Warden series, I enjoyed that. I hope you do too.

    I'm glad that the dishwasher was a cheap fix at least, and yes, those things are damn heavy. :( Congrats on your assessment, woo hoo!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the assessment with distinction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for the assessment, that is so goooood ! You mean you dragged a washing machine all by yourself and hauled it into a car ? Phew, you must be so strong ! Hope you had fun with Wallbanger. And have a sweet nice week to come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on your assessment. That Weather Warden series looks interesting-I will have to check that out and...most likely...add it to my never ending tbr. (Because, it's never quite long enough, right?)


    Hope you have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the assessment! No Netgalley or Amazon? Don't know how I would survive a week like that. lol... Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the Weather Warden series and hope you do too. Sorry about the washing machine. Would no repair person come to your house? Mine is much too big to get in my car. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congratulations, you go Naomi, well done on your assignment. this is a big encouragement as well and you know you are on the right path.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries, Naomi...I added enough books for us both! ;) I'm glad your washing machine was an easy fix. Congrats on passing your first assessment AND on your wins!! I hope you're having a lovely Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, Ill Wind. I read that one a few years ago and really loved it!! and then I read the second one and loved that one as well. However, I never continued on. So, I've been meaning to re-read the first two and finish the series.
    I hope you like all of your new books :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sideways cover for Tempus! Glad you survived the washing machine debacle. Hope things go better for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tempus looks good! Sorry about your washing machine debacle! My dyer broke just last week.. I feel ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! So happy you received Ill Wind and congrats about winning a copy of Tempus. I really enjoyed both those books sooo much.

    Wow girl did you really move your washing machine by yourself...

    Congrats forgetting a distinction for your assessment *woohooo*

    Happy Reading :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great! I am glad so many people enjoyed this series. I am keen to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Bea! It has been an eventful week! lol And i'm looking forward to reading ill Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Brandi, pretty proud of myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nah, I had the kids push it onto a trolley! lol Then I wheeled it out. It was just hard to do!
    Wallbanger was fun *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope to read it soon Kat! Lots of people are raving about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It helps if you are busy and not at home to shop around!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I live too far away from town for someone to come out, was an easy fix in the end and the hubby put it back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Peggy! I was very pleased with myself! It shows I can do it, I just need the experience in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha!! I bet you did, no doubt some from me!! lol I did have a nice easter, busy and now I'm sick... trying to catch up with a thumping headache... not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard many good things about it, no doubt Chanzie will have me getting the rest!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know, looks cool, huh!? And i did survive!! lol Thanks Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha! I'm glad it wasn't my dryer, although it is lighter, not fun getting it down from the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah, with one of those mover trolley's, had the kids pushing on it to tilt it over, it is REALLY heavy, but we go there!! lol
    Thanks for all my goodies and I'm excited about the distinction. Had to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks! I was pretty happy myself! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the assignment! That is awesome. :) You've got some great books on here. I may need to check them out! Happy Sunday

    My Sunday Post

    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)