Review ~ Panic by J.A. Huss

Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)Title: Panic
Author: J.A. Huss
Series: Rook and Ronin #3
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: October 15th 2013






Rook is chasing her dream—film school and a chance at a life beyond the one she ran from six months ago. But before she can become the girl she wants to be, she must deal with the girl she left behind.

Ronin is also chasing his dream—a family of his own and a life away from erotic modeling. And he too, has a past he’s trying to forget. A past that makes Rook question everything about their life together.

Lies, secrets, and shocking truths will rock the foundation Rook and Ronin have built. Can they put the past behind them and move forward together? Or is this just another too good to be true relationship that will crash and burn in the end?
This was a terrific ending to the Rook and Ronin trilogy. The series has changed so much from the first book, Tragic, where it focused on the building sexual tension and photo shoots. Panic was about keeping hold of the relationship between Rook and Ronin, while they find their own paths in life, but there is a big element of danger from both of their pasts that puts them all in danger.

Rook has developed so much as a person from when I first met her. She was so fragile and willing to grasp anything to survive. Now she is more confident and has found a family that she has made her own. She still has some personal issues to deal with and Ronin, Ford and Spencer all help her with it, but in the end she has to do it for herself.

Ronin is as gorgeous as ever; he is a kind and patient guy who is willing to wait for Rook to decide when she is ready because he loves her so much. As the plot becomes a little intense throughout this book, I saw the inner workings of his mind and what they all will do to save one another. It was interesting to see this side of him, as he hasn’t really been like this with Rook around, but in Manic we got a glimpse of it as well.

I did miss the sexy photo shoots in this book and I wanted more intimate moments between Rook and Ronin. However, the intense plot kept me glued to the pages and I loved seeing more of my other favourite characters! Ford really is a dark guy and I did learn a lot about him and in the end I was left wanting more of the mysterious man and what his desires are. Spencer is as reliable as always and is a good friend to Rook and will go out of his way to back the people in his team. I cannot wait to read their books, they are going to be eye openers for sure!!

J.A. Huss has blown me away once again with this series. This book brings up some dark issues from Rook’s past that she needs to work through. The characters are all well developed, with their own insecurities but are willing to work on them so they can be better people, whether they are together or not. I have grown to love all the side characters and I’m excited that they get their own stories so I can jump back into this world! You really need to start this series –  it is a hell of a ride!


Other posts featuring J.A. Huss


28 comments:

  1. Every review I've seen for this series has been positive! I love when you get to see character grow throughout a series, and makes it so speical by the end, when they get their HEA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Naomi! This sounds like a fantastic series and so glad you enjoyed it from beginning to end :)


    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review..I have this entire series on my wishlist..now what I need is more time. I am glad you are loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I loved these books. And they just get better since Spencer is still to come. I love Spence. Yum! And Slack and Taut with Ford are pretty amazing in his own weird quirky way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this review is killing me! I have all three of these on my kindle and I really cannot wait to make time for them. Amazing review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard great things about Rook and Ronin and glad to hear they got their terrific ending

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been discovering some good books from this genre lately. I'm going to look into this series for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a great series and I am wrapped that the author has done a spinoff series... I'll have to tackle them next *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... it certainly is fantastic!! Steamy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should get it now Kimberly.... they are 99c or under!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe!! Yes... those photoshoots are some steamy fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Ford too... there is something about him that pulls on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Spence in Manic, especially those photoshoots he posed with Rook... so hawt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Girl!! You will NOT be disappointed!! Make time I tell ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this genre, by far my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They did!! It was a fabulous ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. *ha* I missed those photo shoots, too! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks!! They were some saucy fun, huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a great book. Thanks for the excellent review. I love when an author shows character growth as you move from book to book. I look forward to this series.


    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This series is one of my all time fav's in NA!! It was a great ending to the series... bring on the spinoffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome review, Naomi! You really did Rook justice. I agree with you, the changes she has undergone as a character from the first book and to this one are truly amazing. And the writing just grabs you right into the story and you NEED to continue to know how things unfold.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Lexxie!! I just had to finish the journey and I loved the woman Rook became. I really enjoy JA Huss, she is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree! I also enjoyed both of Ford's books, and the one I've read about Spence, too.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am SO impatient for GUNS it's not even funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I missed the sexy photo shoots too! I guess I'll just have to re-read Tragic and Manic for those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so lucky, you still get to read Slack & Taut. I Love Ford. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am getting onto them soon!! I want to be all caught up for GUNS!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)