Book Boyfriend of the Week ~ Jason from Archangel’s Storm by Nalini Singh

Book Boyfriend of the Week is a NEW weekly meme hosted by Reading and Things. Each week I will tease you about my current Book Boyfriend, to entice you to go out and meet him for yourself! 
For my very first post I would like to introduce you to ~

Jason
Jason is a 700 year old, beautiful tattooed angel, with wings as black as night. He is the Archangel Raphael’s spymaster and the best at this role as he prefers to be free and doesn’t like to interact with others unless it is part of his work. However, he does have a soft side and we get to see it in Archangel's Kiss. When you get past those walls he is vulnerable, but he doesn't want people to see his true self.
Here is an tease of Jason trying to guard himself, but wanting to give into the passion that he has with Mihaya.
Her breath rasped in her throat as she sucked in air, her eyes huge. But instead of flinching at the rough speed of his touch or pushing him away, she fisted one hand in the soft cotton of his T-shirt…and rose up on tiptoe.

It took every ounce of control he had not to accept the silent invitation at once. “You must understand,” he said, and his voice was a harsh scrape, “this won’t make me stay with you, won’t make me commit. I don’t have that ability.” To bond, to open his heart, to trust that the one he gave it to wouldn’t savage it.

Mihaya’s breath whispered over his lips as she maintained her position. “I know.” Soft words. “I also know that I’d like to share myself with a strong man who doesn’t court me with lies, is honest in his desire.”

He saw her swallow, knew she wasn't as confident as she was attempting to appear. “Be certain. You’ll never be able to take this back.” And he would not taint an innocent with his darkness, would not turn her bitter because of the lack in him.

Her lips brushed his.

Thrusting both hands into her hair, the strands beginning to unravel, he slanted his mouth over her own, intent on devouring…

Paperback Page 165-6
*Swoon*


My review for Archangel's Storm will be on the blog on Thursday.



Title: Archangel’s Storm
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #5
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Published: September 13th 2012

With wings of midnight and an affinity for shadows, Jason courts darkness. But now, with the Archangel Neha’s consort lying murdered in the jewel-studded palace that was his prison and her rage threatening cataclysmic devastation, Jason steps into the light, knowing he must unearth the murderer before it is too late.

Earning Neha’s trust comes at a price—Jason must tie himself to her bloodline through the Princess Mahiya, a woman with secrets so dangerous, she trusts no one. Least of all an enemy spymaster.

With only their relentless hunt for a violent, intelligent killer to unite them, Jason and Mahiya embark on a quest that leads to a centuries-old nightmare… and to the dark storm of an unexpected passion that threatens to drench them both in blood.

Rules for the meme:
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out it using #Reading and Things

Do you have a book boyfriend at the moment? Please leave a comment below with your link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Weekend!!




12 comments:

  1. He certainly sounds yummy to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh works for me! I need to read more from her. I read a novella by her last year and it blew me away. It was so cute and fun and just nicely done. Great pick Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nalini is one of my fav Adult Paranormal/Romance authors! I love both of her series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't he? He is such a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of men are familiar with that line about being unable to commit! Love how the author was honest enough to use it in a paranormal context. That's awesome :-)

    Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! Thanks Faith. She did do a great job with it, huh. She is a great paranormal/romance author!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read this series. I do like angel books though - maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of Nalini's. She is very good at adult romances

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is, 'Ddddddaaaaaaannnnnnggggg"! Great pick!

    And I know this is late but....

    Check out my Book Boyfriend!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha!! Yes.... Jason is great....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jason sounds like someone I need to meet :).

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)