Waiting On Wednesday # 53 – The Bone Season By Samantha Shannon


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The Bone Season
By Samantha Shannon
The Bone Season #1
Expected Publication – August 20th 2013

I stumbled across this one during a WoW a few weeks back and thought it sounded like a good read.... What do you think of the blurb??
It is the year 2059. Several major world cities are under the control of a security force called Scion. Paige Mahoney works in the criminal underworld of Scion London, part of a secret cell known as the Seven Seals. The work she does is unusual: scouting for information by breaking into others’ minds. Paige is a dreamwalker, a rare kind of clairvoyant, and in this world, the voyants commit treason simply by breathing.

But when Paige is captured and arrested, she encounters a power more sinister even than Scion. The voyant prison is a separate city—Oxford, erased from the map two centuries ago and now controlled by a powerful, otherworldly race. These creatures, the Rephaim, value the voyants highly—as soldiers in their army.

Paige is assigned to a Rephaite keeper, Warden, who will be in charge of her care and training. He is her master. Her natural enemy. But if she wants to regain her freedom, Paige will have to learn something of his mind and his own mysterious motives.

The Bone Season introduces a compelling heroine—a young woman learning to harness her powers in a world where everything has been taken from her. It also introduces an extraordinary young writer, with huge ambition and a teeming imagination. Samantha Shannon has created a bold new reality in this riveting debut.

What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!


21 comments:

  1. Ooo interesting. I hadn't heard of this one and probably would have skipped it from the cover but the blurb sounds great. I'm waiting on the next Cherise Sinclair book that's on Sally and the Feds. It's gonna be a long wait though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want this one!! Still waiting back from the publisher! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one, but now I'm adding it to my Goodreads list. New follower here :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds interesting. And chilling. I've seen this around, but never paid close attention to it. I'm adding it to my always growing TBR list. :)

    My WOW this week: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds fun, huh?? I'm real excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe!! Yes, our list just keep getting bigger! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-60-naturals.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was really excited for this book too, but then I found out how long the series was and decided maybe I would just wait for the whole series to come out before being too excited.
    The premise sounds really interesting though! I hope you'll enjoy it when you get the chance to read it! :)
    Happy reading!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really intriguing! I'll definitely put this on my list to read when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing such a great pick!

    Here's my WoW Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard much about this one. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is going to be really good too. Great pick!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this one on my nightstand! Need to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES this one is on my must-read-asap list! New follower :)

    Here's my WoW.

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was good and different than I expected, Great wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Shane!! Looking forward to this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a sucker, so I'll read it now anyway!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have the chance to get it sometime soon Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Squee... I actually received it of NetGalley today!! Looking forward to cracking it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope so.... now that I have it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I received it today from NetGalley.... super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really.... I got it from NetGalley today, super excited to get into it!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)