Swoon Thursday #2 - The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead


The fabulous girls over at YA BOUND created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

This week I picked my Swoon from The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. I love the Vampire Academy and the Bloodline series, which this book is from. I hope you enjoy!!

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

“‘Historically inaccurate.’ ” Adrian gestured at me with his other hand, the one not on my shoulder. “Who the hell looks at you and says ‘historically inaccurate’?”

“Well,” I said. “Technically it is.”

“He shouldn’t have said that.”

I shifted, knowing I should move away ... but I didn’t. “Look, it’s just his way.”

“He shouldn’t have said that,” repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. “I don’t care if he’s not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, ‘You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.’”

Page 246

Oh my.... how I love Adrian!!

While you are here please check out my giveaway! I’m giving away an eBook copy of Mystery Falls by Marilyn Phillips which I featured in last week’s Swoon!


Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

Naomi

26 comments:

  1. OMG! This is one of my favorite scenes in the book. Adrian, such a doll!

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I love Adrian, one of my fav book boyfriends!!

      Delete
  2. I got to read this series Naomi!!! arrrrrrrrrrr! Your great swoon just makes me so mad at myself that I haven't! Thanks for the swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be better if you read the Vampire Academy first. Adrian was intoduced to us there!

      Delete
  3. I wanted to read this book for a while, but now I really want to read it!! Adrian sounds so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another series I have yet to read and I still don't know why. One of these days I'll have to start bloodlines!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scene from The Golden Lily! That last line is one of my favorite Adrian quotes ever (and I have a lot of favorites).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I wanted to pick something near the end of the book, but it would've spoilt it for other readers!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too!! I hoped for more!! Poor innocent Sydney.. so clueless!!

      Delete
  7. I loved that swoon!!
    I think I need to put that book on my TBR pile!

    :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Magen Corrie
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian is yum!! A bit of a bad boy who is a softy at heart!! I loved him in the Vampire Academy series too!!

      Delete
  8. *sigh*

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrian *sigh*

    Now I'll read TGL for the millionth time :D
    I can not get enough of Adrian ;)
    Kisses from Peru!

    Susu
    http://livinginyourownworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I even re-read the Vampire Academy books just for Adrian. Mmmm....

      Delete
  10. Aaah! I love me some Adrian. That is such a great scene, it definitely makes me want more Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I can't wait for Indigo Spell!! Bring on Feb!!

      Delete
  11. ADRIAN IVASHKOV IS MY FAVORITE.
    I've got to get myself a copy of this book. *sigh* Hopefully it'll come in the mail soon. :D

    Great swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's definitely one of my fav book boyfriends! We may have to fight over him!! Lol!! He'd like that!!

      Delete
  12. Can not wait to get back into the Vampire Acadamy series. And then start this series. Adrian sounds yummy. Awesome Swoon. Love this meme.

    Happy Reading
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)